What have you done today to further your job search? Chances are that you are like 85% of the population, limiting your search to job boards on the internet, classified ads and employment agencies. Although these are excellent sources of job leads, they should not compromise your entire job search.
Join the elite 5% of individuals who take control of their job search by leveraging technology and employing unconventional job search methods. Do not get discouraged. Finding a job is a full-time job. Be prepared to make this your career, dedicating at least eight hours a day to your job search. You are now self-employed and the product you are marketing is YOU! Know your market, know your product, know your pitch, and get to work!
Social networking today is absolutely essential. Regardless of the industry you’re in or the level of work you do, LinkedIn is becoming the norm for doing business. It’s not a fad… It’s here to stay! Therefore, the sooner you embrace this technologically-driven communication tool, the better off your career will be.
Few search strategies offer job seekers greater benefits; here are just a few of them:
1. LinkedIn is the #1 professional networking site,
2. LinkedIn allows you to establish or increase your online visibility,
3. LinkedIn profiles receive a fairly high page rank in Google, so you can be found easily,
4. Executive recruiters actively use LinkedIn to source passive candidates,
5. LinkedIn allows you to research where people with similar backgrounds work,
6. You can reconnect with former colleagues who may be willing to refer you for supplemental staffing needs,
7. LinkedIn facilitates access to hiring decision makers in companies where you want to work,
8. You can obtain background information on people you anticipate interviewing with,
9. LinkedIn is one of the best ways to manage your online identity,
10. Use it as a resource for conducting industry, company and competitive research, and it’s FREE… to both you… and Executive Recruiters.
If you can’t be found online because of lack of an online identity then you definitely need to reconsider establishing an online presence if you are a job seeker in today’s tough Jobbörse Social media can be a powerful tool to help you stand out, get noticed and land a job. Social media has allowed people to greatly expand the size and scope of their networks and who you know or can be referred by is still the fastest way to employment.
In conclusion, you must constantly master all aspects of your job campaign to ensure that you communicate your VALUE better than your competition – to land the job you want quickly! Always be willing to adapt and produce extraordinary results – and exceed expectations, so you seize the unlimited opportunities that are out there – to earn the income you deserve.